Chief Financial Officer
Reporting to and partnering with the chief executive officer (CEO), the chief financial officer (CFO) will play a critical role in developing and implementing the Group strategy. As a member of the senior leadership team, the CFO will be an advisor to the Group CEO and to the individual entities CEOs part of the Group , evaluating and assisting them with their financial plans and economic modelling and assumptions. He will be responsible for overseeing all fiscal and tax responsibilities for the organization, in conjunction with the board of directors and the finance and auditors.
- As a true business partner to the CEO and to the individual entities CEOs part of the Group assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and SCR’s long-term strategy. Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
Engage the board finance, audit, and investment committees around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery. Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors) if case be.
- Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with SCR’s strategic plans..
- Analyse and a provide sound advise regarding the Groups M&A
- Build and advise on SCR investment strategy.
- Analyse and elaborate the financing strategy for the Group and propose various finance scenarios
Financial and Operational Management
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate IFRS Principles, regulatory requirements, and audit requirements. Maintain internal control safeguards and coordinate all audit activities.
- Partner with the IT to procure specialized finance IT systems that meet the needs of the organization.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs. Optimize the handling of banking relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash positions.
- Oversee budgeting and the implementation of budgets so as to monitor progress and present financial metrics both internally and externally.
- Manage and track the financial performance of SCR Group
- Establish and assure an effective financial internal control system in view of better management and fraud prevention
- Provide the necessary expertise in M&A and post M&A integration with the Group
- Coordinates the acquisition process for the target company
- Scans the market and propose sound M&As
- Mentor and develop a direct team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
- Manage and improve the financial organisation and reporting in the individual entities of SCR Group
- Coordinates functionally and in a matrix way the finance directors in the individual entities of SCR Group.
- Analyse, propose and implement , if case be, a more centralised financial structure aiming for more efficiency and cost saving
Qualification and experience required for the CFO position
- ACCA student or graduate
- Hands-on exposure to aquisitions financed by an investment fund
- 3-5 years experience as CFO or Deputy CFO
- Work experience in chemical industry is considered an advantage
Interested persons should send their CVs to email@example.com